Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thread Organizer Tutorial


Day 2 of my Workspace Make-Over. Yesterday was my Five Dollar Craigslist Table, today is my thread organizer. 



I began with a 20x20 artist canvas from Michael's. I covered the canvas using Modge Podge and layered old vintage pattern pieces. On the outside edge, using a hot glue gun, I attached decorative ribbon.


Make sure that when you attach the thread holders that the center piece of wood is horizontal. This is where you are going to attach...


I pre-drilled my holes through two-30 Spool thread racks. Then using wood screws I attached them to the canvas into the center piece of wood.  


Then just add your spools of colorful thread and your organized!


Here is my thread organizer with my Vintage Sewing Pattern Organizer project from 2011. 

Tomorrow is Day 3 and you will see another Before and After project to help me stay organized. 

~Amanda





No comments:

Post a Comment